Thursday, January 27, 2011

Class 2- Snow Day- Facebook Saves the Day!

Class Two: January 27th, 2011

Today, since we had a snow day, Doc Chris held class on Facebook.  I was very interested about how this was going to work out, because I have never had class over the Internet before, let alone Facebook.  I use Facebook to connect with my friends and family, and having class online really opened my eyes to how I could further use Facebook.  It is incredible how amazing technology is these days, and how important it is in our daily lives.  A couple of years ago we would have had a legitimate snow day, involving no class, but now we are able to even conduct class over the Internet.  I liked how Doc Chris made the class start at the regular time we would have had real class to keep everything organized and easy for everyone to be there.  I also enjoyed how he conducted the class through the thread and I liked the way he had us involved during the discussion.  It was interesting to see how everyone was interacting and discussing everything together, even though we weren't face to face or in the same room.  We discussed the assignment we had to do for class, and then we discussed our upcoming assignments and projects.  Doc Chris really made the Facebook chat fun, because he used "Edutainment" to make the twenty minutes interesting and fun.  I really enjoyed having class over Facebook as a result of the blizzard.  It's a great way to get the time we need to fully understand the course.

 I even had a view of the beautiful snow while in class!! Not to mention in the warmth of my own cozy apartment in my pajamas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment